Tuesday 5 July 2016

Winter Wonderland Writing

As I walked out of the administration block today I caught sight of one of our students heading to class. When I greeted her, asking her how she was, she answered with the biggest smile on her face, "I'm great". Further conversation revealed that she was great because she was so excited about the writing that she was doing about winter and that she had gone home and written a piece, so of course I asked if she could share it with me. 

Using many of the features that good writers use, the writing that Ona shared was such a beautiful piece. Beautiful, in that she described winter in such a way that a season, that could sometimes be depressing and heavy, could also be a season of such beauty. 

The quality of her writing brought about an emotional response in her reader, supported by the fact that she read it with expression, pride and an obvious sense of accomplishment.




Natasha writes about a Winter Wonderland. She uses many of the features that great writers use to describe what we see and feel during winter. She has told a story and I enjoyed listening as I'm sure you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. We love sharing our learning with our community. Please leave a positive message and your name. Feel free to leave a question.